The Resource "The inside light" : new critical essays on Zora Neale Hurston, Deborah G. Plant, editor
- "The inside light" : new critical essays on Zora Neale Hurston, Deborah G. Plant, editor
- Title remainder
- new critical essays on Zora Neale Hurston
- Statement of responsibility
- Deborah G. Plant, editor
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- Prefatory poem: in a time of Zora / E. Ethlebert Miller -- To paint a woman black and female at the turn of the 20th century. Zora Neale Hurston: a black white-collar working woman / Piper G. Huguley-Riggins -- Zora Neale Hurston: pioneering social scientist / Lucy Anne Hurston -- Masculinity in Hurston's texts / Kersuze Simeon-Jones -- Hollywood wants a cracker: Zora Neale Hurston and studio narrative culture / Elizabeth Binggeli -- A renaissance woman: poetics, performance, photography, and film. Zora Neale Hurston's folk choreography / Anthea Kraut -- Modernist visions of "self" within community: Zora Neale Hurston's Their eyes were watching God and James Van Der Zee's Home in Harlem photographs / Emily M. Hinnov -- Hurston, Toomer, and the dream of a negro theatre / John Lowe -- Zora Neale Hurston and the possibility of poetry / Phyllis McEwen -- A voice of the South. "Beholding 'A great tree in leaf'": eros, nature, and the visionary in Their eyes were watching God / Gurleen Grewal -- Zora Neale Hurston: environmentalist in southern literature / Scott Hicks -- Narrative displacement: the symbolic burden of disability in Zora Neale Hurston's Seraph on the Suwanee / Michelle Jarman -- Zora Neale Hurston and the challenge of black Atlantic identity / Shirley Toland-Dix -- Premonition: peering through time and into Hurricane Katrina / Dawood H. Sultan and Deanna J. Wathington -- The legacy of Zora Neale Hurston in the 21st century. "The man in the gutter is the God-maker": Zora Neale Hurston's philosophy of culture / Catherine A. John -- Dear Zora: letters from the new literati / Kendra Nicole Bryant -- Their eyes were watching God: the novel, the film -- an interview with Valerie Boyd / Deborah G. Plant -- De-lionizing Zora Neale Hurston? / Linda Tavernier-Almada -- "A child cannot be taught by anyone who despises him": Hurston versus court-ordered school integration / Lynn Moylan -- The color line and the hem line: problem or promise of a post-racial, post-gendered America / A. Giselle Jones-Jones -- Organic universalism in Zora Neale Hurston's Their eyes were watching God / Joanne M. Braxton -- We be theorizin' / Kendra Nicole Bryant
- Control code
- 25 cm.
- xvi, 282 p.
- System control number
ContextContext of "The inside light" : new critical essays on Zora Neale Hurston, Deborah G. Plant, editor
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance "The inside light" : new critical essays on Zora Neale Hurston, Deborah G. Plant, editor
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.yumalibrary.org/resource/3ESP-F3pp-s/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.yumalibrary.org/resource/3ESP-F3pp-s/">"The inside light" : new critical essays on Zora Neale Hurston, Deborah G. Plant, editor</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.yumalibrary.org/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.yumalibrary.org/">Yuma County Library District</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Yuma County Library District. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.